Sometimes when you buy a big ole butternut squash you may not be sure what to do with the whole thing. Batch cook it, yes. Cubed and roasted butternut squash will keep your breakfast, lunches and dinners happy all week long. Make a big pot of soup, sure. There is nothing better than easy to digest soup all winter long. Grate it and add the squash to some super secret recipes, more on that later.
Now how about about a smoothie?!
This smoothie is super simple, filling, naturally sweet and PACKED with vitamins.
- one cup contains only 82 calories!
- Vitamin A rings in at 437% of your daily value- A is an antioxidant an fat soluble vitamin, great for healthy vision, skin, bones and other tissues in the body. Vitamin A often works as an antioxidant, fighting cell damage
- Vitamin C packed with 52% of your daily value. Vitamin C benefits may include protection against immune system deficiencies, cardiovascular disease, prenatal health problems, eye disease, and even skin wrinkling.
- Vitamin E. Fat soluble and helps balance cholesterol, fights free radicals and repairs damaged skin.
- Folate. A tremendous activator, Folate has a positive action on cardiovascular, neural and psycho-emotional health.
- Magnesium. The natural calmer, magnesium relieves muslces aches, supports regular digestion, calms nerves and boosts energy
- Vitamin B-6. Metabolize fats and protein for energy!
- Pantothenic Acid. Anti-inflammatory that aids in metabolism, reduces stress and promotes heart health.
- Thiamin. Balance your nervous system
- Niacin. Can prevent hardening in your arteries. Reduce pain and stiffness
- Manganese. For maintaining and improving your thyroid function. Essential.
- Lauric Acid wonder
- Increases HDL (good) Cholesterol
- Anti-inflammatory wunderkind
Rich in vitamins, minerals, proteins, lipids and fatty acids, enzymes, carotenoids and bioflavonoids.
- Antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiviral
- Anti-inflammatory immune booster
- Potassium rich. Relief from stroke, blood pressure, heart and kidney disorders, anxiety and stress, as well as enhanced muscle strength, metabolism, water balance, electrolytic functions, and nervous system
- Pre-biotic fiber
- Ultimate Turmeric activator
Butternut Squash Smoothie
1/2 Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed.
2 tsp Coconut Oil
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4-1/2 tsp Turmeric
1/2 tsp Ginger
pinch black pepper
1 tsp Bee Pollen
6-8 ounces water
4 large ice cubes
1. Combine water and squash and blend in a Vitamix on high speed for 40 seconds.
2. Add spices and banana and blend on high speed for 30 seconds.
3. Add 4 large ice cubes and blend.